Search

Thursday 11 July 2019

Cords of Death



The cords of death entangled
Destruction overwhelmed
The snares of death confronted
The coiling grave compelled



In distress I called aloud
To the LORD I cried for help
My God his ears my sound
His temple he heard my yelp



The earth it trembled and quaked
The mountain’s foundation shook
Trembling they were not escaped
His anger it’s force they betook



Smoke from his nostrils it rose
Fire from his mouth it leapt
Coals they blazed as foes
Consuming, burning swept



The heavens he parted and came
Dark clouds down at his feet
The cherubim he flew and took aim
Mounting wings of wind and sleet



Advancing from out of his brightness
Darkness he wrapped as covering
Clouds a canopy for his likeness
Rain and hail and lightning



The LORD from heaven he thundered
The sound of the voice most high
As a warrior the enemy he sundered
With his bow and battle cry



He shot with arrows of lightning
He threw great hailstones
My enemies his bolts scattering
Routed and reduced to bones



The sea its valleys exposed
The earth its foundations bare
At his rebuke they were deposed
At the blast of the breath of his air



From high the LORD he reached down
And gently he took ahold of me
He drew me out before I drown
From the water deeps of the sea



He brought me and put me down
Out into a spacious place
Far away from my enemy’s crown
From my foes too strong to face



They confronted me in power
My day of disaster was come
But the LORD he was my tower
He rescued me as his son