Search

Tuesday 31 August 2021

A time to heal


Do you want me to be silent

Do you wish I’d close my heart

Do you want me to be private

Like when you drove me part

You said you’d lived a lie

Twas killing you inside

Tis time you’re coming out

You’d now no longer hide


This thing was done in public

It is for all to see

We made our vowels before

All eyes on you and me


Their ears they heard us say

Only death would see us part

Twas nothing that should drive

Me up to move apart


Yet came the day of days

Dee day was the start

You voted with your feet

And asked me to depart


It broke what we’d created

It sundered what we’d made

It tore into the fabric

Of all that we had laid


A thing of this creation

A falling world in sin

Of broken bonds once one

Anew dawn yet begin 


Is it time now to conceal

And privatise this fate

Or open and reveal

Before it is too late


There is a time to die

A time to up and root

A time to even kill

A time to tear it down

A time to weep and weep

A time to grieve and mourn

A time to scatter stones

A time not to embrace

A time to give it up

A time to throw away

A time to rip and tear

A time to not be silent

A time to loathe and hate

A time for war, not peace


There is a time for everything

The teacher said it well

The time we had is past

And now its time to heal