Search

Thursday 27 October 2022

Estranged


It is written

If your brother is distressed 

Bout what you eat or drink

You’re not properly dressed

In the love you often think


I'm not only stressed

About your chosen acts

I’ve become deeply pressed 

With your freedom facts


In all of your discretion 

You've coerced my very freedom

Your boundary restrictions 

You’ve infringed my own protection 


Your fence you keep me out

You encroached my very blood

You’ve hedged yourself within

I accommodate in love


I will not by my eating

Destroy whom Christ did die

Even in another leaving

I’m raised beyond this lie 


In all of my distress 

Where then now is your love

I pray you’ll better clothe

I’m weaker than a dove


Let there then be peace

You've chosen now to part

What part can we now cease

Why war in your own heart


Weakening I whimper

I wander now about

I wish it were now simpler

To walk about in doubt