Search

Monday 31 October 2022

Only Chloe


Oh, what’s the right gift for a Chloe?

It can’t be the same for a Joey?

It must be unique. It might need mystique.

It may even require something showy.

 

Oh, what would it mean to be Chloe?

She’s not just your average old Blowey.

She’s kind of unique. She’s a little mystique.

She may even at times be quite showy.

 

Oh, what will I get for dear Chloe?

I can’t leave her with simply poetry.

 

Oh, what should I get

If a poem won’t do?

A hug or a kiss or a smile for you?

But a birthday laugh is hardly enough!


O deary me

We mustn’t be drear

For our dearest of girls

With her goldilocks curls


I need something to get or something to do…


(with mystique, that’s unique,

And showy or glowy, 

Not average or lowly)


…For the one and the only Chloe!