Search

Saturday 13 July 2024

Inexplicable


I am a raft on the dark wading for land
I am adrift in this rift trying to plan
I row in my hope making a way
On a draft that parts where I hold no sway

I am a daft in my heart dreaming the night
I am a play without day lacking my sight
I am a head that plots a course to tread 
In a thread with steps another has said

I am aft way after the event at hand
I am art named Alf that no man planned
I am a craft whose master will set unmanned
I am led direct at his command

I am laughed like a calf pulling my lead
I am a half on a path to husband my steed
I desire the mire of my naked soul
What I need is my lead to have and to hold

I do my best
God does the rest
I plan my way
My steps he lay

I want and pray
God wills what may
Do your best
He does the rest