Search

Wednesday 27 March 2019

An Autumn Leaf


I am an autumn leaf
Bruised like a pair

From my tree, I hang
Brown and cracked and bare

Once I was so green
Knew not a tear

But growth and summer
And wind and care

Have gripped me so I’m
No longer fair

Now yellow stained
Little left to share

Becoming orange
Then reddened rare

And stripped of pride
Taught by despair

My fading colour
I rip and wear



A purgatory
This life to bear

And soon will drop
From but a hair

Will fall beyond
I know not where

A Leaf By Niggle
A page not there

A falling poem
Blown through the air



Death by winter
No more repair

My body decays
No more to fear

The ground will feast
But spring is near

When He will wipe
My every tear



My Saviour coming
Brings heaven here

The Resurrection
His voice will hear



An Endless Summer
An unbruised pear

A land evergreen
Without a tare