Search

Friday 29 March 2019

Not a Toadstool


“What am I?”
I’m not a ‘toad stool’

And who are you!
I’d send you to the zoo

I’m not a toad
I’m not a weed

Not a stool
Not a tree

Not a toy
Not a he

Not a ball
Not a she

Not a grounded UFO
Nor a polka-dotted pea

Not a bac-teria
Not a colo-nee

Not for your soccer
Don’t you kick me
Don’t even pick me

Not for your dinner
Don’t you eat we
Just you let be

And don’t you sow
Just leave us free

And don’t you hoe
Yes that’s our plea

And yes we grow
And may be pretty

Yes we glow
Just you look see

Yes please blow
And say “you beauty”

You get our thrust?
We want your trust
Yes we are just...

Fleshy
Fruity
Gilly
Spotty
Sporey and
Colourful
Fun-gee!


‘Toadstool!’
‘Mushroom!’
I’d give you a pawning

‘Footcruel’
Don’t pull
My head an awning

‘Flagbull’
No fool
Hot red, a warning

‘Pigwool’
Not cool
Don’t tread a yawning

‘Frogpool’
No tool
Not fed, a spawning


And I’m not
Definitely
Not
Most absolutely
Not
A ‘toad stool’!