Search

Saturday 9 March 2019

Timba Snowmow Towns


Timba Towns
Just as it sounds
Proud as Simba
Our dog Timba
One of our family
A true Towns simile
Is Timba Snowmow Towns

Timba Snowmow
Lots of mojo
His middle name
There’s none the same
‘Snow’ from Snowy
Who was our bunny
‘Mow’ from Mowgli
The Rama’s Goldie

Timba
Snowmow
Towns

Golden fur
Doesn’t purr
Loves to paddle
In any puddle
Or little pool
If it’s cool
Stare and pad
At ripple or tad

He can retrieve
But may leave
For the shade
In our glade
Or the water
Or someone’s daughter
And not return
Without a turn
At running wild
Just like a child
And coming back
Without a smack
For a rub
And a hug

Timba Towns
Never frowns
Someone feed me
Don’t ever leave me
Lonely eyes
Sometimes cries
Likes to be near
And to hear
He’s not alone
Left at home
On the concrete
In the hot heat
All the day
Just to stay
And wait for me
To fill him with glee
With just a pat
And a chat
Or he would prefer
I comb his fur
Or throw a ball
And yell and call
Or let him loose
Without his noose
On his neck
So he can check
If the fish are swimming
Or even jumping
As he chases
Or carefully paces
Out in the bay
Where he wants to stay
All the day
And not go away

Until alone
He comes back home
For a drink
And into sleep
He will sink

I can see
A bit of me
And a bit of you
Too
In Timba
Snowmow
Towns

Timbie Timba
Out in the cold
Staring in
Let me come in
And sniff at the bin
Give me a scratch
Under my chin

Timbie Timbie
Calling my name
Telling me come
Sit for a while
Stretch out your foot
Give me a poke
Even a stroke

Timbie Topsy
Timbie Turvy
Timba Toes
Timba Nose