Search

Monday 1 June 2020

Left to Be


You can’t love an empty shell
I’ve got no spark you see
You’ve tried much more than I can tell
You’re loathed and so lonely

I know it cause you told me
Memory echos inside
You say you didn’t know me
And you can’t continue to hide

Wedded without the reason
Not for me nor happily
You wanted a better season
Now you’re longing to be free

And you can’t do it anymore
You can’t live on living the lie
Either I or you leave out that door
So you asked me to say goodbye

And finally, you told me so
Cause I didn’t really know
My love I know it showed
And I didn’t want to go

But you want more
You told me
So much more
You want to be

You married me in a public place
You say, too young to know
But in secret, you left without a trace
In your heart, where I couldn’t go

How can I fill myself
With what you want in me
How can I ignite that spark
That you deep down hope to see

How can I be enough
For your loyal company
How can I live apart
When you’re my lifelong family

This is my tragedy
It’s vain for me to plea
You just didn’t like me
In your matriphony

You told me so
You wanted to be seen
Not to beholden
So you left me just to be