Search

Friday 19 June 2020

Gallery


Suddenly I’m standing
In an open gallery 
It looks to be expanding 
Much more than I can see


A million faces dancing
In a tidal wave of grief
I’m not the only craving
What’s taken by a thief

And you are not the only one
Grasping at the sun
Back where you begun 
Looking for some fun

And we should never live apart
Can never just restart
You’ve got my only heart
Whatever course you chart

Suddenly I’m overwhelmed 
With a company of tears
Lamentation grips and whelms
In the gallery of fears 

A million listening children
Not too old to cry
I’m not the only pilgrim
Didn’t want to say goodbye 

And I am not the only one
Gasping for the Son
Back where I begun 
Not my will be done

And you have given me this part
You finish what you start
You want my only heart
I’m on the course you chart

Suddenly I’m kneeling 
In this picture gallery 
I just can’t tell the ceiling 
For the swirling galaxy 

A million stars are dancing 
With a single falling leaf
I’m not the only praying 
Holding on to my belief 

And I am not the only one
Losing my own son
Back where I begun 
Nowhere just to run

And I don’t have to lose my heart
Don’t have to play it smart
Have only made a start
Can play my only part