Search

Friday 19 June 2020

The Agony


The inner loss of losing you
Despite my love and plea
There is no greater agony
Than to lose your love for me


The only beloved of my life
The wife of my youth 
My affection has been you
In spirit and in truth

How desperately I’ve wanted
To be back by your side
I’ve cried and now I’ve died 
Though my love I cannot hide

The constant pain of losing you 
The inner grief and horror
There is no greater torture
I go about a mourner

Rejected and betrayed 
Left alone and disowned
You’re all that I have known
Cast out of my home

My wife, my wife
Why hast thou forsaken me?
Why am I cut off?
Why have you abandoned me?

"Eloi Eloi 
“Lama sabachthani?”
“My God, my God
“Why hast thou forsaken me?” 

The agony, the agony
You died my death for me
This is my final plea
Forgive and not just me