Search

Monday 15 April 2019

Bremember

Somedays
Most Mondays
I struggle long
I struggle on

For much of the light
I feel downtight, like
Things just “ain’t right”
Like I’m losing the fight

The weekend that’s been
The week ahead
Now in between
Everythink in my head

I struggle to get up
I struggle to get out
I struggle to move
I struggle with doubt

I struggle to work
I struggle to lunch
I struggle to be idle
I struggle with each hunch

I struggle to meet
I struggle being alone
I struggle to be busy
I struggle to come home

My struggle switch on
I struggle switching off
I struggle not to struggle
I struggle letting it be on

I struggle to stay put
I struggle to move on
To remember it being off
I struggle to keep on

It’s hard to remember
When the struggle is on
What it’s like in those times
That it can’t now be too long

I member and remember
How things are deeply wrong
How it feels wrong so deeply
How deeply wrong things are

Wrong with me
Wrong with my life
Wrong with my world
Stuck in deep strife

Things I can’t fix
Things I can’t solve
The things of my prayers
Of my trusting resolve

Many prayers I pray
Of Christ and of Paul
Serenity, wisdom, courage
Of accepting my call

“Father, if it is possible
Take this cup away from me
But not my will, your will
May it be done by thee”

I take in deep breaths
I pace about
I put one foot in front
And then I step out

I go to lunch
I write a poem
I do some work
I head for home

I listen to audio
A Tolkien podcast
I bremember that tomorrow
Today will be past

I will never have to do 
Today again
Each day is another day
Closer to Christ my King