Search

Tuesday 23 April 2019

Sparrow Mousey Pair


Methinks my am a mouse
And you is like a sparrow
Us both betwixt two worlds
One above and one below


You fly away up there
Me stuck down here below
You flit about through the air
I scramble to and fro



And carefully moving
Along the ground
My crawling slow
To get around



You patiently wait
As a swift mouse-mate
And forgive me for making
You awfully late



How did we meet?
Betwixt two worlds
It was up a wheat stalk
Which almost curled



I smelt the grain
And so could you
But a hairy fellow
Met with feathers flew



There on the stalk
We both amazed
At such a creature
So fixed in gaze



We paired for life
And so it goes
Each star crossed lover
Frightfully knows



I’ll never forget
That fateful day
This mouse met you
In some sparrow hay



I drew a sketch
But alas! It's lost
Never 'pon wall
Discarded and tossed



I won’t make another
At the tip though somewhere
Now to be a mirror
A sparrow mousey pair