Search

Sunday 23 January 2022

Samwise


Motivation
My devotion to myself
Has long stagnated 

I’m devastated 
So much contempt
And lost donation 

My desperation 
I’ve contemplated 
So much pain

I’m deflated 
I keep searching for some 
Way to change 

My hesitation
I’m crastinating 
I’ve been so sad

It’s bad to dwell 
I makes me down
I can be glad

I’ve been a clown
I am alone 
But I’m not mad

What I had
That’s not today
They say don’t fret

Tomorrow will be different 
Things always change
It’s strange to grow

I need to forget
There’s no way to know
Just to forgive 

Just set my mind 
On what’s before
To do today

I need to say
Every day
Just believe 

Don’t worry or fear 
This too will pass
Like the grass that dies away

I’m here to stay
I’ll fade and age
All things decay

That’s okay
When Christ appears 
All things will change 

And I’ll be new
I won’t be sick
Or sad in sin

I won't be alone 
It will begin
The final rest 

The renewal 
The destination 
Now is the test

I can’t imagine 
Now is a shadow 
Not a mirror nor a mirage 

A new creation 
I can’t wait
But I need to

I need to finish 
What I’ve started 
I’ve been emparted 

Though separated
I’m not my own
Nor on my own really 

I have to sincerely 
Make the most
Of what I’m given

This is my lot
I’ve got to give it
All I’ve got
Samwise Gamgee