Search

Thursday 20 January 2022

Unholme syndrome


You wanted me no more 
My brokenness was rife
You clutched the kids you bore 
It’s me you unadore

You wanted not be wife
Your bondman you abhor 
Loosed to leave your life
Leased from all our strife

You bit my hand full sore
I stood upon a knife
Sent out from in your door
Not called to go to war

You bid me thence depart 
I shook unto the core
Reduced to up and start
Who fed you with my heart 

Your plea: "go free"
You said you'd have no part 
"Let be": you’d see 
It sundered us apart 

You wanted me not back 
No bandage would you give 
No bondage would you lack 
Is dead what once did live 

The turning of a tide 
You did not contemplate
Twas deep an ocean wide 
You'd have me compensate 

One flesh: made two
Not have, not hold your mate 
Unjoined: untied
Untethered from the weight  

 Now loosed: now freed 
Released: I cannot lead 
Unbound: "don't linger"
I go and cannot bring her 

For peace I set about 
With fear and dread and doubt 
And distant looking back 
I no more feel I lack