Search

Thursday 13 January 2022

Not headed for Town

There is a staring stair

That winds its way to me

If you but wanted it

Turn and look and see


There is a track less trod

It’s nowhere out at sea

If you but look within

The apple on your tree


It’s in the songs we sung

It’s old and it is free

For now we’re still quite young

It’s not better just to be


Just to leave

To leave it be

Believe you me

Just leave you be


I didn’t mean to hurt you

Nor mean to make you mad

I wanted to convert you

Not mean to make you sad


I didn’t mean to shirt you

Nor mean to make it bad

I wanted to divert you

Just to make you glad


This is a windy way

That I am climbing down

So narrow and so steep

It’s not heading me for Town


This is a winding way

That I am tripping down

So perilous I weep 

It’s not heading me for Town

I’m not headed for Town