Search

Saturday 1 June 2024

I resign


Waking in a wake
Walking to a wave
Weeping in a lake
Waiting on a lathe

Waking in the wake of every moment ever gone
Walking to the wave of every moment coming on
I wake without wind and whimper with a limp
I walk without will facing what will surely sink

I sat no license yet pay a fee
There was no speed limit warning me
There is no seatbelt or crumple zone
I have no airbags that I can loan

Weeping in the lake of every happening ever done

Waiting on the lathe of every happening still to come
I weep without water and lay inside my grave
I wait without weight below a tool that cuts to save

I did not ask for life at birth
There was no form to fill my worth
I was given this lot and all I've learned
I was driven by need at every turn

This ground I serve is swallowing me up
This garden I guard is sinking in mud
A wallow without a way to wade
I'm mired by work with only a spade

Waking I walk
Weeping I wait
My wake is a wave
My lake is a lathe

I am resigned