Search

Wednesday 12 June 2024

Sedimentary


Envy the bodily igneous
Born of red and river rock
I'm no island black or genius
They weighty wear with hardened care

Jealous the metamorphic gem
Reborn by pressure wombing hot
I'm not ruby deep or diadem
They're reining rich with crowning niche

Covet the quartz conglomerate 
Reformed in a cast begotten forgot 
I’m not cannon-armed or agate arrayed
Their laddened teeth in bones bequeathed

Pity my mortal sediment me
Ignorant of stone and rock
I’m not fortified or mineral-laid
Silt remains and mudsand layers

Pray the element's assault subside 
Glaciated, I’m a plaster block
Wind feasts my flesh, rain drains my heart
Removes my fines, dissolves my lime

I am not who I am
I am who I am not
I will be not who I will be
I will be who I will be not