Search

Saturday 15 June 2024

Yusuf


Something's not right, though it's more than a thing
Some things aren't right, though there are more than just some
This thing's got tight, though it's more than a sting
These things can't shiet, though there are some that just did

Someone's not right, though it's more than just one
Somebody's just wrong, though it's more than just body
This body's got sight, though it's more than just shoddy 
These bodies are young, though they can't hold their dung

Somewhere it's bright, though it's not less than here
Somewhere it might, though there is nowhere but here
Somewhere went wrong, though I can't perceive where
Where's this belong, among these bodies of dung?

Somehow there's sight, though I cannot see how
Somehow there's light, though I don't know it's left
How to go right, when left in one's sight
How to make right, what is wrong in their fright

Some time ago, my whole in a well
Sometimes I know, it's unwell with the soul
Time last in this hole, thrown down here by kin
This time in a hell, has made me more well

Well now I see, I'm sold and yet free
Freed for my Lord, yet slaved by this horde
Called and yet wrong, I'm bound by this throng
Joseph I'm named, and misborn I'm saved