Search

Tuesday 25 June 2024

With A Little Help From Hattie


What would you think if I wrote out of rhyme?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll write you a poem
And I'll try not to verse absent-lee...

Oh, we get by with a little help from Hattie
Mm, we get high with a little help from Hattie
Mm, gonna try with a little help from Hattie...


Pictured: My very own Marianne alla Mode (aka, “Hattie”), featuring her 'butterfly' sunglasses styled on those worn by Peggy Guggenheim. One of the Guggenheims, her father died on the Titanic and she devoted her life to travel and art collecting. She was an early champion of Dada, cubism and surrealism. She settled in Venice in 1940 and Venice is still the home of the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, one of the world's greatest collections of 20th-century art. She often commissioned artists to create signature accessories. Marianne purchased her sunglasses at the West Australia Museum and Art Gallery during a touring exhibition from Petty’s collection.